7/17/08

Free Tickets For The Weary

I found myself needing to comment on the free ticket pre-season game for the fans in Toronto on September 22nd. But I couldn't really wrangle what I was thinking into a coherent thought. The first flash was, "I don't live in Toronto, what have you done for ME lately!?!" Haven't I suffered as much, if not more, than a local Leafs fan? I have to shell out hundreds of dollars to see games on a weeknight on television, I get my news from jaded Toronto Sun writers and from listening to Al Strachan berate every management move(not that I don't agree with most of his views, he just comes off like a "I told you so, I know everything" kinda guy). I also live in a Canucks/Flames/Oilers hotbed and get lambasted for my loyalty to the most hated team in hockey. Seeing the Leafs in Vancouver costs as much as a game in Toronto(you easteners can't complain about that anymore), with the ferry, hotel and tickets. Not to mention the Leafs haven't been here in 4 years with the lockout included. So, where's my salve and bandage, Cliff? Is there an address I can send my application for a free ticket to the game in Vancouver(to be announced today, but I don't have time to wait for the schedule to come out). All the whining aside, I can't wait to see them when they come. I have aquired 3 jerseys since the last time I saw them and may even finish my tattoo(under stipulation of losing weight). The new make up of the team is looking good to me(yes, even Jeff Finger, jerks). Cliff has one more ace up his sleeve, I can feel it. I am one of those that still believe that Sundin may still come back and pad the all-time Leaf stats. Just get him a winger, Cliff, Nik's not ready. And if you don't bring Mats back, give the "C" to Kaberle or Kubina(yes, I like him, he's got a mean streak like Mats). That's all I have to say about that.

No comments: