11/4/08

Two Week Hiatus

After two weeks off (not missing a game, mind you) I have a few things to mention about the Leafs play of late.

Contrary to popular opinion I'm not as quick to let Cujo off the hook for the game the other night. Yes there were a few defensemen standing around on two of the goals. Yes they're a young team and got overwhelmed. But that is exactly why he was bought in. A veteran presence to calm the younger players and mentor where appropriate(and not just the goaltenders). This is where Cujo failed his young charges on Sunday.

On the flip side, I didn't pipe up last week to mention how impressed I was by veterans Nick Hagman and Vesa Toskala getting their poop in a scoop on Wed Oct 29, 2008 and bringing home a huge shootout win over one of the best goaltenders to ever play the game.

Hopefully I will have time after the game tonight to get a post up and start getting updates more often.

No comments: