7/7/08

Been A Long Time

Well, Kids, it has been about 4 years since I even attempted any sort of Blogging. I thought, why not get back on the horse with a Blog about my favorite hockey team, the Toronto Maple Leafs. It may be harder for me, being unable to attend games and having to search out any media coverage. But this should be alleviated somewhat by my buying NHL Center Ice this season. This is of course all thanks to my wife's buying me an HD receiver for my birthday to watch the last two rounds of playoffs in Hi-Def. I am sure she will come to regret this decision for years to come.

I'd like to first off give a grand sweeping opinion of Cliff Fletcher; so far so mediocre. He has gotten rid of a fan favorite in Tucker and kept a fan favorite(at least one of mine) in Moore, for very cheap. Jeff Finger was not cheap and I will give that deal until February to see how that comes out in the wash. I like the deal for Niklas Hagman, even for the money, as he's a plugger, has great speed and has a better shooting percentage than Jason Blake. Grabovski could turn out to be a hell of a player. He reminds me of Sergei Berezin, which is a good thing. Hopefully he doesn't go through the cold streaks that Sergei did.

The "Sundin Fiasco" doesn't really bother me that much. Mats has earned the right to do what he's doing right now. It's not like Fletcher is waiting on him, so anyone whining about Sundin not having signed anywhere can officially shut it. Really, it's none of anyone's business what he does, regardless of how long he's been in the league. It's actually one of the things that I admire about Sundin; the fact he couldn't care less what's being written and carries on with life.

Luke Schenn may make the team out of camp. Maybe he could use the wasted roster spot sucked up by Carlo Colaiacovo. Put in 60 contiguous games in the minors and maybe bring Carlo back up after he stays healthy for a while. We need someone big on the blue line knocking forwards on their asses. McCabe hasn't been able to do that consistently since his break out year.

I'm sure I will have more to say in the coming months looking at moves as they happen, but that is all for now. Thanks for reading my innaugual entry and I encourage all input. Good day for the West Coast!

No comments: