7/27/08

The Year Of The Kab?

Having been a Leafs fan as long as I can remember, it seems that Tomas Kaberle has always been there. The perennial baby-faced boy wonder. 1000's of people yelling "SHOOT!" I have made peace with the fact that he, like Ales Hemski, was born to pass. I look forward to him doing that on a regular basis. To the likes of the 300mph Nicklas Hagman. I have to tell you, I am COMPLETELY stoked for this season. Come August 1st, I am hoping(but I won't be heartbroken) that Sundin will be back for his swan-song and leave a nasty set of records for some other porr sap to truy and break whe I am in my 60's.

Kaberle played his 5th full 82-game season last year and managed 45 assists. He's not Phil Housley, but he's one of my favorites. I still vote for him for the "C" if Sundin doesn't return. Anyone want to fight me on that one? He's too quiet for you? Jason Smith pulled it off for over 6 seasons after another quiet-just-play-by example-guy Doug Weight. So it can be done and with what I would guarantee would be a lot of class.

No comments: